Here’s a bunch of (mostly free) stuff I use in my projects often.
This is not a Top 10 must have content farming list. These are tools and libraries I find useful that I use day to day. And why.
- Private repository starts at $7 bucks a month!
- I released my WordPress Theme Launchpad on it. Fork it hard and follow me.
GitX for Mac (warning: it’s crap on Lion)
SmartGit – Mac+Win Git client.
- I customize it a lot but I found it as a good starting point for ensuring an organized front end
- The Modernizr script is packaged with HTML5 Shiv (I get this question a lot)
- If not for production, it’s for quick and dirty HTML mockups
- Semantics suck though
- Version 7 doesn’t have any of these memory leaks people tell me about
- PC and Mac
- Has a Zen Coding Plugin
- I do not use any editor unless it has a Zen Coding plugin
- Look at this video and see how awesome it is: